Logitech Lapdesk N315
Take a look at the Logitech Portable Lapdesk N315 and what do you see? A modern, stylish and sturdy looking tray of some sort.
Don’t let the simple yet sleek design of this cooler pad fool you. Logitech have obviously worked hard on the design of the N315. A large part of its overall success in the marketplace is in fact its simple appearance.
There is no hub, no ventilation fans, no USB storage compartments and power stations. The reason for this is that there is no need for them. Primarily the Logitech N315 was designed to shield the blistering laptop heat from a user’s thighs. It does this without fault. This is not only important for anyone who works off of their lap but also for those who work off of any surface.
You will be confident that the Logitech Portable Lapdesk N315 will prevent your laptop from burning a hole in any cushion, duvet, desk or even your thighs!
So why complicate an already great creation by adding additional extras that aren’t needed??
Of course, Logitech has thought up some other very useful features that are unique to this model. One of them is the retractable mouse pad. If you can’t imagine using your laptop without a mouse then the N315 is the one for you.
Laptop Cooler N315 Mousepad
Unless you are working on a desk or some other flat surface you may find it difficult to find an area for your mouse. So, what Logitech have done is create a lapdesk that has its own mouse pad. Whenever you need it just slid it out, it’s that simple. There is no need to adjust your body position when opening or closing the mouse pad because the shelf itself slides INTO the lapdesk rather than sliding under it.
You may be looking at the images of the mouse pad and wonder if the thing would snap or break if some weight was placed upon it. Actually, you would be surprised how tough and sturdy the draw really is. As long as you don’t put too much weight on it the draw will easily take the weight of your arm while you swish the mouse around.
Lapdesk N315 is Washable
Not sure if this is a drawback or an advantage but the pad is very slippery. To prevent anything from flying off the side the mouse pad has rubbery border edges which will keep the mouse on the pad rather than on the floor.
Speaking of slippery surfaces you will be pleased to know that the main surface of the Logitech Portable Lapdesk N315 does actually have a rubbery, non-slip texture that prevents your laptop from slipping from the lap desk.
As an additional non-slip feature Logitech thought to also include two rubber strips that run the length of the N315 underside to prevent it from sliding around on your legs or any surface you set it on.
Comfort in any position
Now here is something you may find unique to this laptop cooling pad. The surface has been made to be washable. So if you spill anything on it, coffee, tea, hot chocolate, all you have to do is rinse the whole unit under a tap. Fast, simple and safe.
Primarily you will no doubt be using the Logitech N315 as a laptop cooler base but you know there is nothing stopping you from using it as a lapdesk for reading textbooks on, writing on or even use it as a tabletop for putting food and drinks on! Use your imagination; sky’s the limit.
- It has a thin and lightweight design for packing away with ease into a laptop bag or sleeve so you can take it with you anywhere.
- If you are working off your lap or don’t have a table handy you can use the retractable mouse pad. A great feature for those of you who like to use a mouse rather than the notebook touch-pad.
- The N315 will protect your legs from any laptop heat making notebook use just that little bit safer and more comfortable.
- Has an anti-slip surface keeping your computer in one place even if you shuffle around a lot when seated.
- The whole unit is totally washable. If you spill something on it just wash it off.
- The base of the cooler pad has two strips of rubber running along it making most seated positions as comfortable as possible.
Dimension: 11.4 x 14 x 1.6 inches
Compatibility: Can be used with PC and MAC notebooks up to 15.6 inch display
Maximum Weight: Capacity 10lbs
Standard Waranty: 3 Year Limited
Pros and Cons
- Weighs less than 2 lbs. Perfect for the traveler or student who has to move from class to class.
- Has a soft rubberized coating for non slip. No more worries about your notebook sliding off whenever you change position.
- Protects legs from laptop heat. Always a plus for those of us who don’t want blistered thighs.
- Keeps laptop cooler due to the air flow vents on the bottom of your machine.
- Has a very sturdy mouse pad area.
- Looks nice!
- Has a low price tag.
- Its thin design helps it to fit easily into backpacks or sleeves.
- Offers a comfortable base for those who work on their laps a lot.
- It can also be used as a writing surface or a place to lay your
- TV dinner while you eat.
- It is made of very ridged, solid materials.
- The rubberized coating could be scratched and scuffed overtime.
- The trailing edge of the mouse pad may become uncomfortable for your wrist after awhile.
- Dust and crumbs easily grip to the surface but this is remedied with quick wipe-down or wash.
- The mouse pad is pretty slippery but it does have rubbery border edges, which will help prevent the mouse from flying off the pad.
“I was so happy that I had finally bought a new laptop (15.6? Screen) for myself. Unfortunately, I’ve had bad experiences with using touch pads, and I feel as though I can do so much more with a mouse. This lapdesk is perfect in every respect. It’s sleek, thin, and very portable due to its light weight and slide-out mouse pad. Keeps my legs from frying when, say, watching Blu – Ray movies. And it fits perfectly in with my laptop in my backpack. I had worried that the mouse pad would snap or break after seeing the pictures, but it seems more sturdy and expected, and the whole product has great quality. A must have for all who have laptops!”
By Bob Pally
“I was looking for a compact lapdesk that I could take with me when I travel. The N315 is perfect. The surface has terrific grip and the laptop stays firmly in place. The mouse tray is easily accessible and stays out of the way when not in use. Additionally, the mouse tray stays in place when not in use; it does not slide in and out. Logitech did a great job in putting this product together. I would like to see a feature added to allow the desk to tilt on your lap to allow the proper angel when typing.”
Check out review about: Logitech Speaker Lap-desk N-700