Logitech N100 Notebook Cooler Pad
The Logitech Notebook Cooling Pad has been one of the company’s top sellers for quite some time now. Of course, the price has a major part in this but don’t think just because this product is low priced that it is of cheap quality. Far from it.
In fact its unique design makes it stand out from the rest. Its curved shape allows for more space between the cooler and your thighs. This greatly increases the chances of a comfortable airflow under your notebook. This is of great benefit to those of you who like to work off your lap or a cushion.
The Logitech N100 blends into its surroundings
Yes, it only has one fan but to tell you the truth that is pretty much all it needs. It is so strategically well placed that it works directly on the hot spot areas that matter the most.
To create a steady airflow, the Logitech Notebook Cooling Pad N100 uses rear air intake which generate airflow from angles that can easily be blocked by a laptop itself or loose articles of clothing.
Total comfort in any position
One of the more popular features of this laptop cooling fan is in fact it’s almost totally silent fan. It is so silent that you wouldn’t even know it was on if it wasn’t for the airflow it produced. This is perfect if, like me, you like to work in quiet conditions. Some like to listen to music, others have the TV on but I want silence! A silent cooling fan is pretty rare in the industry so Logitech is one step ahead on this one.
Laptop cooling pads and notebook cooler pads are not known for being pleasant to look at but I have to say that this particular N100 model is the exception
So what has looks got to do with cooling your computer? Nothing really, but for some people it is important to have equipment that blends in with the environment. I’m not talking about a notebook cooler that can change its color to suit its surroundings, like a Chameleon, but the Logitech N100 does come in three natural colors allowing it to subtly blend in.
For such a low priced cooling pad the Logitech Notebook Cooling Pad N100 does what it says on the
box and then some. It isn’t perfect but will certainly fulfill the needs of those who like to work off their lap.
- Has a slotted surface, allowing the fan to distribute air evenly under your laptop or notebook.
- This laptop cooler pad fan is ultra quiet.
- Accommodates up to 16” notebooks.
- Has a stylish natural looking design so as it can blend into any room in your home. Comes in three colors, Green Accent, Gray
- Accent and Dusty Rose.
- Wherever the laptop cooler is placed you will get a steady, comfortable airflow through the rear air intake. Especially important if you like to work on your lap.
- Mounted rubber pads on the upper grill can be moved to a position that best suits your laptop.
- The internal fan is protected by an enclosed, durable construction that will keep dust out and any damage at bay.
- The N100 is very power efficient and will have minimal impact on your battery. Perfect for those using their laptop on the go and need to spare as much battery power as possible.
Dimension: 15 x 1.9 x 11.2 inches
Shipping Weight: 2lbs
Compatibility: Supports all 14? – 15? laptops and up to 16?
Power Consumption: Max: 5V @ 200mA
Requirements: Can be used with PC and MAC notebooks with up to 39cm display
Fan Noise: Level (dB-A) 27 dBA
Waranty: Has a 3 year manufacturer’s guarantee
Package Contents: Logitech Cooling Pad N100, Quick Start Guide
Pros and Cons
- Very light weight: Perfect for the traveler.
- The curved design leaves a nice area for air to come in under your laptop or notebook: A great feature for those who like to work off their lap.
- The fan is nearly totally silent. A little unique feature not found on many laptop cooling systems.
- It draws air from the underneath area and also draws air from the rear vent as well. Very effective for people who lay in bed when using their laptop or sit on a couch with a laptop on a cushion.
- Has an enclosed, durable construction which protects the internal fan from dust and damage.
- The fan and its intake have been placed in just the right area to benefit the notebook and user. The intake won’t be cut off by any clothing if the cooler is on your lap. It not only cools the bottom of the computer, but also your thighs.
- Large enough for a 15-inch widescreen laptop. Some 17-inch laptops will fit comfortably on it also.
- It is laptop/notebook battery friendly. You will notice how little battery power it uses up compared to other laptop coolers. It is very low impact.
- The well placed rubber pads on the top surface of the N100 will prevent your laptop from slipping; even at a fairly steep angle.
- Includes a low power-consumption USB cable that connects to your computer.
- Its unique shape can make all manners of seated positions comfortable. This is especially beneficial for those of you who like to sit on the floor with your back supported against a couch.
- Of course, the price.
- It would be nice to have more than one fan. The single fan is positioned in such a way that it mainly cools the back where the CPU usually is in a laptop/notebook. The front gets some air but nowhere near as much as the back. A second fan placed up front may have been beneficial.
- Compared to other laptop fan coolers you may find that the
- Logitech Notebook Cooling Pad has a slightly less powerful fan. For some, this may be a problem depending on how hot your notebook/laptop gets.
- Of course, you need to also take into consideration that the design of the cooler pad is such that it helps to improve the cooling. Only minimal air is needed.
- It is made of plastic and although is pretty sturdy you still may want to take care if you do a lot of traveling.
- The USB cable wire sometimes pops out of its secure positioning under the cooler.
- Has no USB Pass-through or USB Hub.
- Has no On/Off switch. Not a big issue especially considering the price of the product but may be of importance to some.
“First of all, I have spent a long time trying to find a lap top cooling pad that would work best with my hp dv5-1233se, also considering I have a really picky taste in electronics, considering I worked at the former CCity for a good while.
It fits the laptop really well (a 15.4?) and is virtually silent from what I can tell. Some people think you need like 3 fans to keep a laptop cool, but you really don’t since you don’t want excessive amounts of air going into your laptop.
The single fan does the job in using less energy and also being really quiet. My Intel processor runs a lot cooler than most AMD, but no matter what, when you like to watch DVDs or any sort of full screen media, it will make the laptop work harder, thus producing more heat.
This does the job to keep it cool enough to watch a 2 hour movie the whole time. I recommend it to anyone with an HP that’s for sure, but that doesn’t mean it wouldn’t work for another make or model. Cheers.”
By Chad Thomas
“After a notebook overheated so much it burned out I bought a cooling pad, which makes a huge difference. My first one, a cheapo, stopped working very well.
I replaced it with the Logitech, which is a brand I’ve come to trust a lot. I like their quality and that extends to this cooling pad which circulates a lot of air very efficiently and keeps the computer cooler than the previous one. It has a USB that goes in on either side, and is there doing its job silently. I’d highly recommend this.”
By Gout Grec
Check out review about: Logitech Lapdesk N315