Logitech Lapdesk N500
The Logitech Comfort Lapdesk N500 has been specifically developed to fit in with the demands of consumers who regularly use their laptop in “comfort zone” areas. Examples of comfort zones would be areas such as the couch, the floor, the bed, etc. This is a new trend where people want to be able to multitask while using their computers. They want to socialize with friends and family, watch a little TV, sit out in the garden, etc and still be able to use their laptops Lapdesk Cooling Pad.
This laptop cooler pad is designed for comfort. It is not flashy, doesn’t have an in-built fan and needs no power supply. Simply put, it is a cushion with a hard, flat surface as a top that provides a stable base and a barrier between laptop heat and your lap.Cooler Pad
If you compare the Logitech N500 with other lapdesk brand models you will notice that it does have quite a nice appearance. You will be glad to know that the cushion that rests on your legs is not filled with those annoying “peas”. At first, they’re fine, until you wiggle around a bit, the peas get pushed off to the side, and your legs end up against the faux wood.
To provide a comfortable foundation, the cushioned base is designed to remain stable in a variety of positions so there’s no need to sit unnaturally to support the computer. If you like to work cross-legged then you will be pleased to know that the Logitech Comfort Lap-desk N-500 has been tested as being pretty comfortable even in this position. This would be due to the “lip” that bends away from the board’s surface.
Logitech N500 Lapdesk Laptop Cooling Pad
In the summer time when we start to wear shorts around the house there is that worry that laying a laptop directly onto your bare lap could be uncomfortable. Laptop cooler pads with built in fans work well to take some of the heat away but they aren’t the most comfortable of units when on your lap. The Logitech N500 prides itself on comfort by having a thick, soft air-mesh fabric as its underside. This will rest on your bare thighs protecting you from any heat coming from your computer and at the same time offer you hours of comfort.Logitech Cooling Stand
The top of the Logitech Comfort Lapdesk N500 is made of a hard plastic material that will withstand the heat coming from your laptop hot spot areas and exhausts. No matter how hot your computer gets the surface of this lap desk will not warp.
Overall, I would say that if you are looking for a really comfortable lap desk then this is the lap desk cooling pad for you. If your main priority is cooling a very hot laptop or notebook then I would maybe look for something with a fan.
- Heat-shielding design that helps protect your body from laptop heat
- Angled riser for improved neck and leg comfort (when used in a seated position)
- Stable, lightweight design for comfortable laptop use on the sofa, bed, or even the floor
- Soft, air-mesh fabric that feels comfortable on your legs
- Thin, streamlined profile that looks good in any room
Dimension: 18.1 x 3 x 13.4 inches
Compatibility: Supports all 14? – 15? laptops and up to 17?
Pros and Cons
- It is comfortable on your lap and is perfect for working in “comfort zones” such as the couch or bed.
- The soft airy mesh on the underside keeps your thighs protected from the heat of the laptop even if you are wearing shorts.
- It’s very light.
It tilts forward a little at just the right angle to make typing comfortable.
- It can be stored away in some pretty tight spots and as a bonus it actually stands upright on its edge, so you can place it next to your bed without having it slide over and disappear under the bed.
- The shinny white color may be prone to some easy scratching if you don’t take care when carrying it around.
- For some, the glossy surface may be a little slippery. Of course, this will depend on the type of padding you have on your laptop’s legs.
- Lacks a ledge on the front to prevent your notebook from falling off.
“I love this laptop desk. No fan, no noise. The top is glass smooth. Keep it clean and the bumper grips on the bottom of you notebook and you won’t experience any slipping of the notebook. Of note about the bent configuration of the base… it’s actually well designed. Depending on how you’re sitting you have the short bend away from you or toward you… Smart thinking on Belkin’s part. I like its contemporary design… fits well in the home.
Oh the surface is white, mirror like and my optical mouse can’t track.
I still find this the best laptop notebook desk I’ve purchased in the last 12 years.”
“It’s just the right size, weight, stickiness… even the elevated angle. My 15.6? ThinkPad T510 fits perfectly on it and since Lenovo didn’t skimp on my laptop’s rubber feet; I have no need for the extra ones provided by Logitech. I originally purchased this to replace my classic lap desk with the beanbag filling which found a new home at work serving as an ad-hoc
keyboard tray. I like the padding on the Logitech better than the micro-bead bag; it doesn’t shift and thus change the angle. My old lap-desk would leave my laptop at a weird angle whenever I set it down because the beanbag will just collect any which way it wants. Not this one, nice and predictable.”
Check out review about: Logitech N100 Notebook Cooler