Kensington Lift-Off Notebook Cooler
For the price that you are paying for this Kensington Lift-off Portable Notebook Computer Cooling Stand you will have to accept that you won’t be getting the most advanced of products. This is a low priced laptop cooler pad that will suit the needs of those who aren’t looking for much other than for it to do what it is supposed to do; cool your laptop.
The Kensington Lift-off does just that and so there is no faulting it there. When the notebook cooling stand is set up the back will be slightly raised allowing the hot air from your laptop to escape and cool air to enter. This stand works simply by creating more air surface for the notebook to cool off. There is no fan so the air circulation is a natural process and can be improved greatly if you are already working in an airy, cool environment.
For those of you who work on your laptop a lot and suffer from neck and eye strain then once again the Kensington Lift-off Portable Notebook Computer Cooling Stand will help relieve those problems. Working off a flat surfaced laptop will eventually strain your neck as you look down at the screen.
To counter this issue this cooler pad has an option for raising the back to angle your laptop positioning. It does only have two angle positions to choose from and to tell you the truth the higher of the two may be the better choice.
However, now that your laptop is angled the screen will be slightly higher and so allowing you to look directly across at the screen rather than down at the screen. At the tilted position hot air can now escape more quickly and you will also find that your typing position will be more comfortable and easier on your wrists.
If you are a traveler then you will find the weight of the Kensington Lift-off Notebook very agreeable although do keep in mind that this product is made of plastic and compared to other laptop cooler pads this isn’t the most durable. Essentially it’s two pieces of plastic held together by a couple of small hinges! It is a collapsible stand with built-in handle and can fit neatly into a computer carry case if you required additional protection from damage.
The Kensington Lift-off Portable Notebook Computer Cooling Stand is all in all a very basic laptop cooler pad that is designed for the low end buyers who are just looking for something simple. It certainly does what it is supposed to, however for a few extra dollars you could buy a laptop cooler with a fan. Of course the advantage of not having a fan is the reduction in noise.
- Portable notebook cooling stand helps keep your notebook
running cooler, longer.
- To promote air circulation and reduce heat buildup the stand lifts the notebook off its surface.
- Reduces neck and eye strain by adjusting its tilt and positioning the screen to match your eye level.
- Lightweight and collapsible for travel and can fit neatly into computer carry case.
- Built-in handle design adds convenience and portability.
- Non-skid base holds notebook safely in place.
- Compatible with notebooks up to 17 inches.
- 1-year warranty and free technical support.
Dimension: 375 x 290 x 42mm; 14.76 x 11.42 x 1.7 inches
Weight: 900g; 1.98lbs
Material: Plastic and Metal Mesh
Compatibility: Supports all 14? – 15? laptops and up to 17?
Pros and Cons
- Does exactly what it is supposed to by circulating the air and keeping your notebook/laptop cool.
- It is very light. Great for anyone who travels a lot.
- Doesn’t make any noise because it doesn’t have a fan.
- Its rubber grips will prevent your computer from slipping.
- It is incredibly easy to set up or put away.
- It can be folded down into a slim unit and stored away easily.
- It is inexpensive.
- There are only two adjusting levels. Another higher level would’ve been an advantage.
- The rubber grips make begin to come away after some use.
- If you place the larger 17” laptops onto it you may experience some wobble in the unit.
- It may have been an idea to make the surface an inch wider to fit the larger laptops more securely.
- Not the most unique of designs.
“I was looking for a stand that would keep the computer cool when it was sitting on my bed and my legs cool when I had it on my lap. This stand does both very well. The stand provides a good work angle and the laptop stays on it secure. It was exactly what I was looking for. It also fits nicely into a computer case great for computing on the go.”
By Lauren Ryan
“This cooling stand works perfectly. The stand has two levels and seems to allow for excellent air circulation and cooling as I use my laptop. I use the stand in my lap and it is quite stable and comfortable. My computer does not slip at all and I find it very easy to type when using it.
No fan noise or power issues to consider.
For the money it was exactly what I was looking for. Very useful.”
Check out review about: Logitech Lapdesk N500