Cooler Master Notepal U2
The first thing about the, Cooler Master Notepal U2 Notebook Cooler, that stands out as being a super unique idea is the fact that you can place its fans wherever you want on the cooler itself.
This, for many people, is enough to convince them to go ahead and buy this well designed and very low priced laptop cooling fan. There are a whole load of advantages to buying the Notepal U2 and you can read about them as you go through this article.
For now, let me go back to the removable fans. What do you think one of the main issues people have when looking for a laptop cooler to buy? I would say finding one that actually has the fans in just the right place! Many of the laptop cooler pads on the market today have pretty powerful fans helping to reduce laptop overheating. However, because of specific positioning of those fans some laptops may not get the full cooling benefit.
Here is where the Cooler Master Notepal U2 Notebook Cooler comes into its own. It has dual removable 80 mm fans that can be very easily clicked into place anywhere underneath the body of the Notepal U2. This is the ‘genius’ part of the design as it means that this notebook cooling system can be compatible with almost any laptop/notebook.
Cooler Master U2 Surface Vents
Just place the fans directly underneath your laptop’s ‘hot spots’ for more efficient cooling. No need to worry about using any tools to remove and replace the fans as all it takes is a push of a button and the fan is off. Re-position it and click it into place; it is that simple.
The notebook cool pad is made from tough aluminum, a sturdy material that will conduct and dissipate heat. Its aluminum mesh covers the whole of the surface so as the vented holes can allow for good air circulation.
There is a slight elevation at the back allowing the fans to work freely without any obstructions and also helps to make laptop use more comfortable. Take notice not to have your legs too high when working from your lap as your laptop may slip off if the Notepal U2 is at too increased an angle.
Cooler Master U2 Aluminum Mesh
Having said that you will not have any problems with the sturdy construction which can easily take the weight of the heaviest laptops. In this case aluminum is stronger than plastic.
Now let me write about the fan noise. Actually…there isn’t any!! Ok, maybe a barely discernable whooshing type sound but definitely nothing that will put you off your work. These two fans are super quiet!
If you are someone who travels a lot you are obviously going to need a cooler pad that isn’t too bulky and weighs in at just over a handful of bird feathers. I can’t promise you feather light but at 725g you can’t complain!
Cooler master U2 Airflow
The Cooler Master Notepal U2 has a slim shape to offer great portability. As an added bonus and for extra security you can actually carry your laptop/notebook around whilst it is still on the cooler pad. The Notepal U2 comes with a thick band so you can secure your laptop to the cooler and safely carry it around. This is perfect for those of you who go to school with your laptop.
U2 Cooling Pad Fan Positioning
There are a couple extra features that I think are important, one of them being the USB connector that has a ‘pass through’ USB extension allowing you to plug in other devices. The other or others are the large rubber pads that prevent any laptop sliding.
All in all this is a great laptop cooler pad for the asking price that does have a few cons, (see below), but also has a ton of pros.
- Slim and light-weight design offers excellent portability.
- Unique sturdy structure for long-term desktop use.
- Great for protecting and storage.
- Accommodates 14?-15?, up to 17?.
- Ergonomically design for comfortable viewing angle.
- Excellent convection design to prevent overheating.
- Has 2 Removable 80mm fans.
Type: With two fans
Dimension: 343 x 266 x 58.6mm; 13.5” x 10.5” x 2.3”
Material: Aluminum and Rubber
Weight: 582g; 1.3lbs
Compatibility: Supports all 14”-15” laptops and up to 17”
Fan Dimension: 80 x 80 x 10mm (two fans included)
Pros and Cons
- The Notepal U2 has two removable fans. These can be very simply attached anywhere under the cooler pad to pin point hot spot areas on your laptop. The fans are replaceable if they break.
- The laptop cooling fans are very quiet. A bonus for those of you who like to work in silence; or libraries.
- Is made with aluminum and has a strong mesh grid filled with mini vent holes to help with air circulation.
- It is light weight, portable and even comes with a strong band so as you can strap your laptop to it when traveling.
- Has a sleek modern design and even though it costs very little it doesn’t look like it does.
- Has a slight incline at the back which not only helps improve comfort, (easier typing in most positions), but also improves air flow.
- The USB connector has a ‘pass through’ USB extension that allows you to plug in other devices. This acts as an extra USB port to replace the one being used by the cooler.
- The large rubber pads help to keep the laptop/notebook from slipping. A great feature especially if you fidget a lot while working from your lap.
- The Cooler Master U2 has a very low price tag!
- In order to carry or store the Cooler Master Notepal U2
- Notebook Cooler you will need to remove the fans first. Not a difficult task but you will have to find somewhere to store them away.
- If you are used to using a “flat” keyboard then the set tilt of the cooler pad may take getting used to. Of course you can always by an external keyboard which will solve this problem.
- When working off your lap try not to move the fans too low on the mesh as they may be obstructed by your thighs.
- The rubber feet may need refastening every now and again.
“I watch a lot of live Baseball games and other video on my computer. I never had a problem with other laptops but with my new HP (love it, but it gets so hot!), after just a few minutes the bottom of the laptop gets so hot, almost too hot to touch.
This product is great! I can use my computer for hours now and it stays nice and cool the whole time…the fans are very quiet, they aren’t even as noisy as the fan in my computer and now by using this product, the fan rarely runs. I recommend getting one of these if your computer gets hot after a short time of use.”
“I had purchased a popular cooling pad, but realized I really wanted something that also tilted my Mac book Pro as well. After returning the cooling pad and ordering this one I couldn’t be happier! This is exactly what I had in mind. The fans are extremely quiet…I had to double check to see that they were working, you can actually move them around to make sure it’s cooling in the right place and it puts the laptop at a great angle! What a great product!”
Check out review about: Notepal X2 Cooler